If you would like to become a member or make a donation to the Dane County Historical Society, please fill out the Membership Form and send your check to the address listed on the form. Or click the PayPal button to donate now.
The Dane County Historical Society is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and your donation is tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
The Dane County Historical Society appreciates donations of printed materials, and accepts them year round. However, there are certain materials we are not able to house, these include:
- Microfilm, Microfiche
- VHS, cassette, LP, or other audiovisual recordings that are not on CD or DVD
Small souvenir artifacts may be added to the collection depending on their uniqueness, their relation to the overall story of Dane County and the ability to physically integrate them into the collection. To donate artifacts or materials of unique shape, size, or quality (ex. a pin, plaque, large map, etc) please contact the Dane County Historical Society.
If you are interested in donating materials, please Contact the Society
Do you have an interest in local history, archives, or assisting others in their research? The Dane County Historical Society is always looking for volunteers who would be able to spend a few hours a week assisting users and maintaining materials.
The Society has many opportunities available for volunteers to help with our mission:
- Serve on the Board of Directors or one of it’s committees
- Cataloging or indexing at the Otto Schoeder Archives
- Clipping local newspapers
- Assisting in fundraising for special programs and projects
- Helping users by answering research inquiries
- Planning programs to help support the DCHS mission
- Writing for DCHS newsletter